- 4 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil 6 large muffin tins.
- Combine flour, ground nuts, cocoa, brown sugar, baking powder and soda in a bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, oil, egg and nut butter until smooth. Pour into dry ingredients and mix quickly until just combined.
- Fill each tin to 3⁄4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.