This weekend, Canada’s best triathletes will be competing for the world title in Gold Coast, Australia at the WTS Grand Final. Thanks to CBC sports online livestream, you can watch Joanna Brown, Tyler Mislawchuk and the rest of team Canada all weekend long.
Starting Saturday at 12:50 AM EST, you can watch the women’s elite race. Watch and see if Katie Zaferes (USA) can hold off a charging Vicky Holland (GBR) for the world title. Then on Sunday at 12:50 AM EST, you can catch the elite men’s race. World leader, Mario Mola (ESP) will win his third consecutive title if he can finish in the top 14 Sunday, but he’ll have his hand’s full with hometown favourite Jacob Britwhistle (AUS).
Katie Zaferes the WTS World Leader heading into the ITU World Triathlon Final in 2018. Photo: @kzaferes6
Vicky Holland wins WTS Montreal. Photo via @vixholland
Women’s WTS Standings heading into the ITU World Triathlon Grand Final (Top Five)
- Katie Zaferes (USA) – 4,418 pts
- Vicky Holland (GBR) – 4,384 pts
- Georgia Taylor-Brown (GBR) – 3,459 pts
- Jessica Learmonth (GBR) – 3,237 pts
- Rachel Flamer (NED) – 3,098 pts
Men’s WTS Standings heading into the ITU World Triathlon Grand Final (Top Five)
- Mario Mola (ESP) – 4,925 pts
- Jacob Birtwhistle (AUS) – 4,101 pts
- Vincent Luis (FRA) – 3,810 pts
- Richard Murray (RSA) – 3,722 pts
- Kristian Blummenfelt (NOR) – 3,021 pts