Planning on doing an Ironman in North America sometime soon? Might be best to put a hold on that thought until 2022.
“After a challenging 2020 race season, athletes have shown they cannot wait to get back to in-person racing as general registration for all 12 full-distance Ironman triathlons across the United States of America and Canada for 2021 have now sold out,” Ironman declared in a press release today.
“As 2021 events went on sale, many events sold out quickly,” the release continued. “The ever-popular Ironman Florida sold out of general registration in two days, while Ironman California in Sacramento and is new to the circuit, sold out in one day. Ironman Arizona reached capacity before it reached general registration, selling out during presale.”
The list of events in the US and Canada include:
- Ironman Texas – April 24, 2021
- Ironman North American Championship Tulsa – May 23, 2021
- Ironman Coeur d’Alene – June 27, 2021
- Ironman Lake Placid – July 25, 2021
- Ironman Mont-Tremblant – August 22, 2021
- Ironman Canada-Penticton – August 29, 2022
- Ironman Wisconsin – September 12, 2021
- Ironman Maryland – September 18, 2021
- Ironman Chattanooga – September 26, 2021
- Ironman California – October 24, 2021
- Ironman Florida – November 6, 2021
- Ironman Arizona – November 21, 2021
Those still determined to compete in an Ironman event next year do have a few options:
- Ironman Foundation registrations are still available – a portion of the entry fee goes to charity. The Community Fund Entry for Ironman Mont-Tremblant is $1,400.
- There are waitlists available – you can check on the various race websites to add your name to the list.