Rev3 Age Group Races Series for 2013
A series finale race to take place at Rev3 Knoxville Half in 2014.
New for the 2013 race season will be Rev3’s Age Group Race Series. This series will provide Rev3 athletes an opportunity to race against the best age groupers in the country in a season finale, championship Rev3 race. The series will also include Clydesdale and Athena divisions. The inaugural Rev3 Championship Race will be Rev3 Knoxville Half in 2014. Rev3 races of the Olympic, Half and Full distances will serve as qualification races for the championship race.
In addition, Rev3 will have an age group leader board on their website. There will be weekly stories on age groupers competing in the series and they will provide links to these athletes social media pages and blogs. Lastly, Rev3 will highlight the age group championship race with a video, the same way they do the pro races! Not only will age group winners be able to compete in the super-competitive series championship race, first, second, and third place winners will be awarded cash prizes. Prizes from Rev3 sponsors will also be awarded to fourth and fifth place winners in each age group, to include Clydesdale and Athena athletes.
Beginning this race season, Knoxville 2013, Rev3 age group athletes will start accumulating points. Take a look at some of the series specifics below:
- Races of Olympic, Half and Full distances for 2013 will serve as a qualifying opportunity for the 2014 championship race.
- The distance for the championship race, will be the Half at Knoxville and it is mandatory to compete in if you want to win your age group in our series.
- You will have to compete at a minimum of 2 Rev3 races (Olympic, Half or Full distance events). You can race multiple events, but we will only count your best 2 races.
- A cross country scoring format will be used. 1st place is 1 point, 2nd place is 2 points and on down the line. So the lower point total you have at the end of the 2013 race year, the better.
- We will have a limited number of slots per age group, based off the % of athletes that raced with us in 2012 (TBD still) . So, the Male 30-34 will probably have more spots then the male 60-64, as more athletes race in the 30-34 category.
- Tie breakers for the series will be determined by the lowest overall percentage to the winning time of your age group in the 2 races that were used to qualify for the championship event.
As the nitty gritty details become known, Rev3 will be posting them to the Age Group Series link on their website. In addition to the new series, Rev3 will be offering the All Access pass once again. The pass will be available through the month of November, at which time they will discontinue sales for the remainder of 2013.
It should also be noted that Rev3 will be working closely with USAT to determine the best course of action in regards to age group drug testing at their races. As more information becomes available, Rev3 will share it on their website, but please note that Rev3 WILL be testing age group athletes.
Revol-U-tion3 Triathlon. “The revolution begins with U.”