If you are not in the holiday spirit yet, then it’s time to get there. There are a ton of holiday celebrations going on right now and how fun would it be to do a workout that fits right in with the holiday spirit?
This workout has a run base, but with an unusual (yet fun) twist. Do you know the song “The 12 days of Christmas”? We are going to call this workout “the 12 exercises of holiday fun” to have some strength exercises to go with the song. This is something that you can do at the track with the family, at your house, or at your fitness centre.
Warm up: 10-minute run
If you have the time then you can go through these exercises just like the song:
Start off with the 1 jump for joy. Then do 2 lunges and 1 jump for joy. Next, 3 burpees, 2 lunges, and 1 jump for joy. Continue this pattern until you go through the entire workout. If you are in a hurry, then just go through the workout as is.
- 12 push ups
- 11 squats
- 10-second plank
- 9 kicks (lay on your back and do small fast kicks)
- 8 squat jumps
- 7 bridges (lay on your back, knees bent, and lift your hips off the ground)
- 6 shoulder taps in a plank (in a high plank position, alternate arms by bringing your hand to the opposite shoulder and then back to high plank position)
- 5 knee ups (try to get your knees to your chest)
- 4 jumping jacks
- 3 burpees (squat down, do a push-up, and then jump up in a streamline position)
- 2 lunges
- 1 jump for joy
At the end of this, do another 10-minute run (cooldown) nice and easy.