This weekend the Professional Triathletes Organisation will be hosting the inaugural PTO Pro Am, which will be held as part of the Herbalife24 Triathlon Los Angeles.
“The event will see six of the world’s top professional athletes race an Olympic-distance course alongside Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) athletes and special guests including former UFC star Paul Felder and Olympic silver medallist Heather Fell,” the PTO announced in a press release. “CAF athletes will kick-start the day with a 1500m swim in the beautiful pearlescent sea off Venice Beach. Once out of the water, they’ll tag in a highly-ranked PTO professional who’ll rip up the road over a 40km bike course finishing in downtown LA between the Crypto.com Arena and Microsoft Square, outside the Herbalife Nutrition HQ. From here, another CAF superstar, or one of our special guests, will complete a 10km run to close out this first-ever PTO Pro Am event.”
There will be six PTO professional athletes taking part in the event, including Canada’s Lionel Sanders, who is fresh off a runner-up finish at the Ironman World Championship St. George. The six teams participating in the PTO Pro AM are:
- Swimming and track runner Haven Shepherd, PTO World #3 Lionel Sanders and former UFC star Paul Felder.
- Swimmer and para climber Emily Gray, PTO World #8 Sam Long and swimmer and para-triathlete Rudy Garcia-Tolson.
- Para-triathlete Allysa Seely, PTO World #4 Daniel Baekkegard and GTN presenter and Olympic silver medallist Heather Fell.
- Swimmer Ahalya Lettenberger, PTO World #11 Holly Lawrence and swimmer and para-triathlete Roderick Sewell.
- Para-triathlete and hand cyclist Andre Kajlich, PTO World #7 Skye Moench and influencer and Herbalife ambassador Shirley Alvarez.
- Para-triathlete Chris Hammer, PTO World #14 Heather Jackson and para-triathlete, cyclist and marathoner Willie Stewart.
The event will be streamed live on the PTO’s YouTube and Facebook channels. The race starts on Sunday at 8:45 EST (5:45 PST) The race will also be shown online on CBC – click on the link below to watch: