Triathlon Canada has released the schedule for the 10 races that will be part of the 2020 National Development series for junior and U23 athletes.
Started last year in partnership with the provincial associations, the National Development Series is “designed for athletes ages 16-23 who are making the transition into ITU racing through the national body’s podium pathway.”
Click here to see the full 2020 schedule.
Quebec’s Noemie Beaulieu and B.C.’s Aiden Longcroft-Harris won the men’s and women’s titles last year.
This year’s races will take place in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec. There are four different tiers within the series:
Tier 1 – National Championships – Mandatory Requirement
- ITU World Triathlon Montreal – QC: National Championships PATCO Continental Cup, June 28 – Super Sprint
- Triathlon de Gatineau – QC: National Mixed Relay Championships, Double-header with Super League Ottawa, July 4
Points – 20% premium on individual events
Tier 2 – Regional Championships – Optional with Premium Points
Points – 15% premium
- Welland Triathlon – ON, Canada Summer Games Test Event, Ontario Provincial Championships, Sept 5-6, Super Sprint
- Vernon Triathlon – BC, BC Junior Provincial Championships, BC Super Series Finale, Sept 13
Tier 3 – Series – Optional with Maximum of Four Races
Points – Standard
- North Shore Triathlon – BC, BC Super Series, May 18, Super Sprint
- Triathlon Labranch Transport de Drummonville – QC, Quebec Grand Prix Serie, June 13 Super Sprint / Super Sprint (shorter 2nd time, 20min break between)
- Super League Ottawa – ON, Double-header with Gatineau, July 5 Enduro
- Triathlon de Valleyfield – QC, Quebec Provincial Championships, Quebec Grand Prix Serie, Aug 15-16, Sprint / Mixed Relay (TBC)
- Swift Current Triathlon – SK, Aug 17, Super Sprint / Super Sprint
Tier 4 – Replacement – Optional, Substitute for one Tier 3 Race
Points – Standard
USAT Calendar (up to 4 races will be identified) – USAT, Youth/Junior Series, Super Sprint / Sprint Standard