Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and cookies are the best. Here’s a great recipe that will get you out the door and to your 6 AM swim:
— by Kim Doerksen
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (regular, almond or soy)
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup large flaked oats
- 1/3 cup crushed almonds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in honey, molasses, egg, milk, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Mix in flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. If you want a chocolatey version, add in L cup cocoa powder now.
- Stirinremainingingredi- ents until combined.
- Using a large spoon, or a cookie scoop, place dough onto the cookie sheets, and press down lightly with a fork to flatten them.
- Bake for 20–25 min or until golden brown.
- Remove and enjoy!