Convenient foods for travel and on-the-go!
Angela Naeth shares a few tips about what to look for when on-the-go and in need of a snack!
All too often, you can find yourself looking for a snack to munch on but have no idea what to choose. Simply put, you need to plan ahead for snack attacks.
An obvious way to do this is through healthy bars found on TheFeed. The key to selecting a product is to make sure it has a balance of carbs, fats and protein to keep you satiated.
Here’s a list of things to look for on any package:
- At least 10-20 grams of protein per serving
- 5+ grams of fibre
- Less than 20grams of sugar (ideal)
- Protein bars or any bar with five ingredients or less
- Packaged nuts/seeds/dried fruit mix
For simple foods with no packaging, here’s a list of items that are easy to pack, last a while and fill you up. A combination of these is great to keep you going all day.
- An apple and a handful of nuts
- Low-fat string cheese and a piece of fruit
- Low carb tortilla wrap
- Greek yogurt
Items to stay away from:
- Anything that is larger than 1-2 servings, this helps avoid excessive snacking
- Typically, anything with more than five ingredients
- Added sugar and sweeteners
Angela Naeth is a Canadian professional triathlete with multiple sub-9-hour Ironman performances and 30+ podiums at the 70.3 and Ironman distances. Recently, Naeth finished eighth at the 2018 Ironman World Championship. She has also created a women’s triathlon/cycling community in 2017, IRACELIKEAGIRL. Growing in numbers, IRACELIKEAGIRL gives Naeth the ability to support others in the sport of triathlon.