The Minneapolis Triathlon is the kickoff of the Toyota Triple Crown Series, a new series within the pro series where one pro will walk away with $50,000 and the Toyota Cup. Life Time Tri Minneapolis and Toyota are pleased to announce the 2013 pro field! The field includes the following athletes (as of June 28, 2013):
Past Winners of the Life Time Tri Minneapolis
- 2012 – Sarah Haskins & Hunter Kemper
- 2011 – Sarah Haskins & Matt Reed
- 2010 – Sarah Haskins & Matt Reed
- 2009 – Sarah Haskins & Matt Reed
- 2008 – Emma Snowsill & Simon Whitfield
- 2007 – Vanessa Fernandes & Greg Bennett
- 2006 – Emma Snowsill & Hunter Kemper
- 2005 – Emma Snowsill & Craig Alexander
- 2004 – Loretta Harrop (& Craig Walton)*
- 2003 – Barb Lindquist (& Simon Whitfield)*
- 2002 – Barb Lindquist (& Craig Walton)*
* From 2002-2004, Life Time pitted the Women against the Men using an ‘equalizer’ format.
Athletes must compete in the Life Time Tri Minneapolis (July 13), Life Time Tri Chicago (August 25) and Life Time Tri Oceanside (October 20) to qualify for the Toyota Triple Crown. The Toyota Triple Crown Series will be raced in EQUALIZER FORMAT. The exact time gap between men and women pros will be determined the day before the race by race staff and will be announced at the Pro Meeting. Series points will still be assigned for men/women based on finish place within category. Click here for more information on the Toyota Triple Crown Series. To learn more about the Life Time Tri Series, visit lifetimetri.com.