Jordan Bryden, an Elite Triathlete based out of Calgary, made a list of ten races you need to consider doing in 2013. We hope you enjoy the Western flavour of his choices.
1. CHINOOK TRIATHLON FESTIVAL– This race is, and always will be my number one pick. Mike Bock- the race director goes to extreme lengths to provide a race experience that feels home-grown, but also very professional at the same time. He offers the best SWAG bags in the business and a community atmosphere
2. CHICK CHASER– This 5 mile fun run takes place at Tri It on Feb 20th and is perfect timing for those looking to set some new years resolution goals. The girls get a 4 minute head start and then the guys chase.
3. TRY THIS TRIATHLON– MSC does a good job at providing a safe, fun intro triathlon that will get you started in the sport with a pool swim, and a less competitive atmosphere to get you going.
4. STRATHMORE WOMENS TRI- Another community event with a community centred race Director. Sorry guys, this one is just for girls! This race has the best reputation for helping women achieve their goal of getting across the finish line
5. GLENMORE ICEBREAKER- A classic 10 km run that always pulls the best of the running community out of hibernation. You wont find a better brunch after a race. I’m looking forward to another show-down this year… Mr. Jeremy Deere.
6. THE GREAT WHITE NORTH– This 1/2 Ironman is under new management and takes place in Stoney Plain. Its worth the drive! Keep a eye out for new changes to the race course that will once again improve this already great race.
You can read the rest of the top ten at Jordan Bryden’s blog.
Look out soon for an interview with Jordan as we catch up with him to find out what he’s up to and his plans for 2013.