Javier Gomez and Heather Jackson Escape With Wins
At the 33rd edition of San Francisco's Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon.
Spain’s Javier Gomez was solid in all three disciplines today for his win in the pro men’s division at the Escape From Alcatraz, while the versatile American Heather Jackson relied on her bike and run prowess to capture the title in San Francisco.
Gomez, the silver medallist at the London Summer Olympics used his second fastest swim and run splits on the day that complimented his race-best bike ride to establish a 1:12 winning margin over New Zealand’s Graham O’Grady. Jesse Thomas from the USA cracked the podium on the strength of his patented blistering run of 45:54, for the race-day best run.
Professional Men’s Results
1. Javier Gomez (ESP) 2:04:27
2. Graham O’Grady (NZL) 2:05:39
3. Jesse Thomas (USA) 2:06:40
4. Pete Jacobs (AUS) 2:08:33
5. Jason Pedersen (USA) 2:09:32
6. Francesco Godoy (ESP) 2:09:38
7. John Dahlz (USA) 2:11:10
8. Paul Matthews (AUS) 2:12:12
9. Kyle Leto (USA) 2:12:50
10. Matt Lieto (USA) 2:13:58
Jackson on the run
In the swim, Heather Jackson spotted fellow Americans Sara McLarty and Sara Goff well over three minutes at the conclusion of the swim and at the start of the lengthy run to T2. Jackson used her strength on the bike to record the fastest split on the day, which reduced her deficit to 1:10 on Goff heading out of T2. But it was Jackson’s race-best 48:23 run that propelled her into the lead in the closing half of the run, and ushered her to her win today with a winning margin of 29-seconds over Groff, while Ricarda Lisk of Germany rounded of the podium.
Professional Women’s Results
1. Heather Jackson (USA) 2:18:08
2. Sarah Groff (USA) 2:18:37
3. Ricarda Lisk (GER) 2:23:36
4. Emma-Kate Lidbury (GBR) 2:25:34
5. Lauren Goss (USA) 2:25:41
6. Charisa Wernick (USA) 2:29:03
7. Elizabeth Lyles (USA) 2:29:13
8. Kristen Peterson (USA) 2:30:58
9. Sara McLarty (USA) 2:31:41
10. Leanda Cave (GBR) 2:33:4