The International Triathlon Union (ITU) recently launched a social media campaign ahead of the world’s toughest triathlon in Kitzbühel encouraging triathlon enthusiasts to get their message of support sprayed on the climb and seen by millions of live TV viewers around the world.
- To be eligible you will need to follow @worldtriathlon or be a fan of www.facebook.com/worldtriathlon
- Choose the athlete you want to support or it can be a generic message
- There are two ways you can get your message to us:
- Tweet your message of support followed by #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon
- Or go to the ‘You Say It – We Spray It’ image on www.facebook.com/worldtriathlon and leave a comment under the image followed by #yousaywespray.
- The message should be no longer than 25 characters, so be creative (there’s only so much room on the road!)
- We will then choose a selection of the best messages and spray them on the climb for millions of people to see.
- We will also choose 2 messages live on race day from fans watching the live coverage on TV or online at www.triathlon.org/tv.
- We’ll also publicly post your messages on Twitter and Facebook for you and all your friends to see.
Example of a tweet to send:
THIS IS THE MESSAGE OF SUPPORT #yousaywespray @worldtriathlon @Jgomeznoya (please note that the message can only be 25 characters)
Fans can enter now and enter often.