Ironman unveils its Age Group Ranking System
Starting with races in Europe.
The WTC (World Triathlon Corporation) revealed its new Age Group Ranking System today.
The initial rollout of the ranking system will be for age groupers racing in Ironman, Ironman 70.3 and 5150 Triathlon Series races in Europe between May 12, 2012 and Nov. 10, 2012.
Athletes can use their three best results based on the following point system:
– 11 points are earned for completing Ironman races.
– 7 points are earned for completing Ironman 70.3 races
– 3 points are earned for completing 5150 Triathlon Series races
– 5000 points will be earned for winning your age group in a race of any of the three distances.
– Points will be accumulated based on time behind the age group winner and the cutoff time of the race.
– If you WIN your age group in a race of each distance (an Ironman, an Ironman 70.3 and a 5150 Triathlon Series race) during the qualifying period, you will earn 1,000 bonus points.
– If you COMPLETE an Ironman, an Ironman 70.3 and a 5150 Triathlon Series race during the qualifying period, you will earn 250 bonus points.
For more information visit the Ironman Age Group Ranking Page.