Bysice, came out of the swim with a 1:20 margin over Ryan Cain, Rick Hellard and David Markin. On the bike Nicolas Courville used the fastest bike split to gap up to Hellard and Bysice coming into T2. Cain had to drop out with a broken chain and Markin started the run 30 seconds in Arrears. Bysice ran away on the run taking the win in 2:00:26 followed by Hellard and Courville.
Annie-Claude Gaudet used a fast transition to start the bike ahead of swim leader Emma Saaltink of Cornwall. Gaudet extended the lead over the bike and the run to take a 5 minute victory over Saaltink at the finish line. Sharon Gallant from Hamilton, coming off a 4th place age group finish in Ironman Mont Tremblant, made up time on the run but ran out of real estate to cross the line in third.
Top 5 Men
1. Andrew Bysice (Oakville) 2:00:26
2. Rick Hellard (Ottawa) 2:04:13
3. Nicolas Courville (Ottawa) 2:04:41
4. Nick Cosman (Kingston) 2:05:35
5. David Markin (Ottawa) 2:07:58
Top 5 Women
1. Annie-Claude Gaudet (Gatineau) 2:12:09
2. Emma Saaltink (Cornwall) 2:17:03
3. Sharon Gallant (Hamilton) 2:18:02
4. Catherine Desmarais (Ottawa) 2:24:48
5. Erika Kamenz (Dashwood) 2:26:09