The Ignite is the latest watch from Polar and it’s their thinnest and lightest yet. The new watch differentiates itself through its sleep and recovery insights, painting a better picture of an athlete’s overall stress and recovery levels.
Related: Review: Polar Vantage V
Sleep is one of the most important factors in an athlete’s health. Consistent sleep can mean the difference between a personal best, avoiding an injury, or simply maintaining a good mood. Polar understands this, and is making sleep and recovery one of their main priorities in their newest watch. On top of their training insights, sleep quality insights come from a sleep score.
- The colour touchscreen and the 1-button interface make Polar Ignite easy to use.
- Match your Polar Ignite to any style or look: it’s compatible with any standard 20 mm watch straps.
- FitSpark™ training guide offers ready-made on-demand workouts that match your recovery and readiness.
- Polar Flow app and web service is your automatic workout log, the home of your sleep and activity data and the place for you to track your progress.
- Nightly Recharge™ recovery measurement shows how well you recover from stress and training during the night and helps you make optimal choices during the day.
- Follow your sleep stages and get detailed sleep insights with the new Sleep Plus Stages™ sleep tracking.
- Relax your body and calm down your mind with the new Serene™ breathing exercise.
This sleep score can help an athlete take into account how rested they are and also helps them see how their daily choices are affecting their recovery and sleep. Mari Junttila, a segment manager at Polar, says, “Nightly Recharge combines information from your sleep with the status of your autonomic nervous system (ANS). ANS measurement relies on your heartrate, heartrate variability, and breathing rate, showing how your body calmed down after the challenges you faced that day.” The challenges referred to go way beyond stress from exercise and also take into account work or personal stress that a runner may have faced, through continuous heart rate monitoring.
As with all Polar watches, the exercise companion comes with a free, personalized and adaptive training plan that offers training programmes from the 5K all the way to the marathon.
The watch comes with a touchscreen display and up to five days of battery life. It retails for $229.95 USD and it available today at www.polar.com/ignite.