Our pro bike profile this week is Stephen Kilshaw’s custom painted Squad Hornett TT bike, which he’s already raced on a few times this year. Kilshaw has been enjoying a season of consistent results this year with several top 10 finishes.
Kilshaw’s bike getting custom painted:
“I joined the Squad Cycles team in January of 2015 and hit it off with Patrice right away,” says Kilshaw. “Patrice understands me as an athlete and as a person and has taught me that the two go hand in hand in one’s development. Check out my report on Ironman 70.3 San Juan where I go into more detail on my relationship with Patrice and Squad here.”
Here's the bike with regular training wheels. Kilshaw races with Zipps wheels, show in the image above (Back — Zipp Super 9 Front — Zipp 808 Firecrest)
His bike is equipped with SRAM components
The detailed, custom paint job by Canadian artists Jessie Armand covers the entire frame and even the aero bars, seen here.
- Frame: Squad Hornett Medium – custom paint by Jesse Armand – “Jetset design”
- Groupset: SRAM eTap
- Chain: SRAM RED – lubed and polished with lotsa Rock ’n’ Roll Gold
- Cassette: SRAM 11/25 (1170)
- Chainring: SRAM TT 55/42
- Hydration: UCKD (Ultralight Custom Kilshaw Design)
- Saddle: Adamo PN 1.1
- Pedals: Shimano Ultegra
- Wheels: Back — Zipp Super 9 Front — Zipp 808 Firecrest
- Tyres: Continental GrandPrix 4000SII. 25mm rear; 23mm front
- Tubes: Butyl with Stan’s Sealant
- Helmet: Rudy Project Wing57
- Sunnies: Rudy Project Tralyx
- Shoes: Mavic CXR
- Computers: Are not for racing!