Montreal to host 2020 National Championships
Canada's top elite and age group triathletes and duathletes will be in Montreal on June 27 and 28 for the 2020 National Championships including standard and sprint triathlon and duathlon events.
Triathlon Canada has announced that next year’s national championships will take place in conjunction with the ITU World Triathlon Montreal on June 27 and 28.
The weekend will feature 12 different races including the elite, U23 and junior nationals, which will be decided in a two-day National Championship/PATCO Continental Cup event. There will also be the age-group Canadian Triathlon Championships for both sprint and standard distance, as well as the sprint and standard distance Canadian Duathlon Championships.
On June 24 the city will also host the final Paralympic qualification event for the Tokyo Paralympics.
The age-group triathlon events will offer three qualifying spots for the 2021 Age Group Triathlon World Championship in Hamilton, Bermuda. The age-group duathlon races will also offer three spots for the 2021 Age Group Duathlon World Championships in Townville, Australia.
Also on the schedule will be U13 and U15 youth races, a super-sprint race for athletes on the National Development Series and community run and swim events.
The weekend’s events round out with the ITU World Triathlon Montreal, June 28.
June 24, 2020
- ITU World Paratriathlon Montreal
June 27, 2020
- Age Group Duathlon National Championships (Sprint and Standard Distance)
- PATCO Continental Cup/Elite Canadian Championships heats (Super Sprint)
- Age Group Triathlon National Championships (Standard Distance)
- U13 and U15 Youth Events
June 28, 2020
- PATCO Continental Cup/Elite Canadian Championships finals (Sprint Distance)
- Age Group Triathlon National Championships (Sprint Distance)
- National Development Series / PACTO C-Final (Super Sprint)
- ITU World Triathlon Montreal (Sprint)
For registration and more details, visit montreal.triathlon.org