Most age group triathletes are beyond busy. Many of them have families and simply can’t get away for an endless amount of training on the bike. This session was created specifically with those athletes in mind. HIT intervals, otherwise known as “Tabatas” or “high intensity interval training” increase both your aerobic capacity and anaerobic capacity. This workout is based on doing 4 to 5 minutes of absolute maximal effort. The effort is done with very small amounts of rest. Don’t underestimate this workout, even though this workout is very short, it is one of the most intense workouts I know.
- 15 minutes at an easy to aerobic effort
- 10 x 30 seconds BUILD from an aerobic effort to a slightly harder effort. Spin easy for 1 min between.
- Main Set
- 8-10 X (20 seconds ALL OUT at 85-95 rpm + 10 seconds total rest)
- **This 4-5 minute continuous effort should be incredibly taxing. Each interval is absolutely all out. Don’t
- worry about your power falling off toward the end.
- Cool Down at an easy / aerobic effort
AJ Baucco is an established long course professional triathlete from Cleveland, Ohio. He founded AJ Baucco Coaching LLC, which currently coaches nearly 50 age group triathletes from all over the country. He also runs an age group triathlon team called the “Baucco Squad”. In 2014, AJ Baucco was crowned the first ever Kona (Beer Mile) Champion. He has since been given legendary status on the Big Island.
Contact – email@example.com
article continues after advertisement
Websites – www.baucco.com, www.ajbcoaching.com, www.bauccosquad.com
Twitter – @irunshirtless
Instagram – @ajbaucco