Olympian Kirsten Sweetland shares her open water race strategies for triathletes of all levels to help get them through the swim portion.
Her tips include:
- Minimizing anxiety before and during the swim
- Learning to comfortably get on someone’s feet to help with direction
- When and how to sprint during the swim leg to optimize your position and get in the right pack
- The importance of the beginning of the swim and how to strategize
- How to position yourself in a deep-water start vs. beach start
- Wetsuit removal after the race in transition